The All Encompassing
“If good befalls you it grieves them, but if some evil overtakes you they rejoice at it. But if you remain patient and become of the God-fearing, not the least harm will their cunning do to you. Allah is Muhit of what they do.” (Surah Ali-Imran :120)All praises and glory be to Allah who is known by the Beautiful Name al-Muhit, the Encompassing. He is the One Whose knowledge encompasses everything. He knows all that happens, big or small, apparent or hidden. He knows what happens deep inside our hearts. Nothing is hidden from Him. He knows our desires, our thoughts and our weaknesses. His knowledge encompasses even the smallest movement in the depths of he earth. His power encompasses all things and He is dominant over each and every one of them. But we should also remember that His Mercy encompasses everything and Allah is Ar Rahmin, the Most Merciful.
- Al-Wasi' is one of Allah’s Attributes, and its root word is derived from si`a, spaciousness, expanse, capacity, abundance, plentitude, etc. The All Embracing, He who has limitless capacity and abundance.
- His knowledge covers everything
- His might suffice everything.
- His forgiveness is expansive
- He is self-governing
- His power is above everything
- His information, might, and generosity are the greatest.
- He is the One for the meanings of Whose Qualities there can be no boundary, Whose knowledge is spacious, and so are His mercy and forgiveness
- His sphere is tremendous.
- The Absolute al-Wasi` is Allah, Adored and exalted is He. There is no shore for the spacious ocean of His knowledge. Had the seas been ink, they would have been consumed before His words can ever be exhausted. There is no end for what He is capable of giving and blessing.
- The Holy Quran has described Allah’s mercy as vast; in Surat al-A`raf it is stated that,
“And ordain for us good in this world’s life and in the life hereafter, for surely we turn to you. He said: (As for) my chastisement, I will afflict with it whomsoever I please, and my mercy encompasses all things; so I will ordain it (especially) for those who guard (themselves against evil) and pay the zakat and those who believe in our signs” (Quran, 7:156).
- There is nothing that Allah can’t do. All of us can die and go up in smokes in seconds; all of us can finish in seconds. All the oppressors in the world, Allah can just take away. But Allah still gives time for the whole world, time to everyone that maybe they’ll turn back but most people, even to the concept of time, are thankless, are visionless...