The Compeller, The Irresistible, The Mender
- He is the One who forces His creation upon what He commands and upon what He has forbidden.
- In other words, whatever Allah wills, His will is executed.” The first meaning of Jabbaar is ‘Compeller,’ so whatever He wills is what happens. He is the One who implements His will.
- Yet another meaning of jabr is ‘to repair the broken, fix and reform something.’ When something is incomplete and you complete it, that act is called jabr. Furthermore, when there is a deficiency and you make up for it that is called jabr.
- The One who Reforms, the One who fixes the situation for His creation. When we find our resources to be incomplete, Allah (swt) completes them.
- When we are unable to reach our goals, Allah (swt) assists. He is the One who amends the affairs of His creation. It means if a slave is unable to reach His goal, Al-Jabbaar will enable Him and provide Him with the sources to reach this goal.
- Interesting fact: from the same root is the word ‘algebra:’ you ‘fix’ the equation. The word ‘jabeerah’ is also used for a splint, to help broken bones.